Friday, January 4, 2013

Wreck-It Ralph







Wreck-It Ralph is great. Those who don't know a thing about early arcade games or modern video gaming will really like this movie... and gamers will love it. The characters, relationships, visuals, and action would entertain anyone. 

Though it is a Disney Animation Studios production, it feels like a Pixar film. This is the first time I've felt the impact of Disney's acquisition of Pixar several years back. John Lasseter of Pixar was put in charge to oversee all Disney animated film projects, including Pixar productions. Now, not only do we continue to get Pixar quality storytelling and animation from Pixar, we also get it from Disney. This is good. 

This movie is in my Top 5 of 2012, and though animated films weren't a big attraction for me as a kid, Wreck-It-Ralph makes me hopeful for future animated films from Disney. (Did I just say 'hopeful' and 'Disney' in the same sentence...?)



Wreck-It Ralph (2012)  




If there's a movie you'd like me to review, past or present, 
send me a request and I'll see what I can do.